Friday, April 6, 2012

The Light Has Come

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Blogging is the last thing I should be doing right now. With so much to do, I've been pulling 10-14 hour work days these past few weeks, but tonight is an evening of catching up on life essentials and, as I realized late this afternoon, it is Good Friday. That is how out of touch I have been with the outside world. I didn't realize this is Easter weekend until today when I saw a pamphlet for an Easter service and found a chocolate rabbit in my mail box.



Tonight I am reflecting on what Christ has done for us- all of us. I am rejoicing that he has taken our sin and shame and has given us bright hope for today and tomorrow. The past few days have been a bit somber for me. I learned yesterday that an old friend of mine unexpectedly lost her brother on Wednesday. He was a junior at Taylor University, where I spent the first two years of my undergrad. His sister, Molly, is a wonderful woman and my heart goes out to her and all those who knew her brother Josh. This is especially difficult for this university community as it is so small and comes on the heels of another tragic loss. In the spring of 2006, four students and one staff member were killed in a car accident. For months the identity of two students was mistaken and many had to relive the horror of finding out that their loved one was actually dead. The death of Christ that we celebrate this weekend gives us comfort, strength, joy and new life. For Josh Larkin, his time on earth has come to an end, but his life in heaven is just beginning. Christ, the light of the  world has brought eternal life within our grasp. Christ is the light at the end of the tunnel and in the midst of it. Praise God!


Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/local/west/146419175.html


Lyrics to The Light Will Come by Phil Wickham


To the one with the wounded heart
The years fighting have left you scarred
Wait the light will come
To the one with the distant eyes
All this crying has left you dry
Wait the light will come
Wait the light will come
Lift your eyes
The sun has overcome the night
Come alive
As we shine in loves true light


Here is laughter beyond the tears
Here is courage to face your fears
Look the light has come
So rise you daughters and stand you sons
Claim the victory that Jesus won
Look the Light has come
Look the Light has come

No comments:

Post a Comment