Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking A Step Back


As a result of the craziness that led to and was last weekend, I decided to lay off for a bit and focus on other things this week. It was so nice to be out in the real world instead of in a practice room or on a plane destined for the same thing . On Saturday I went hiking in Boulder with friends and did some tree climbing.


 
We happened upon awesome finger puppets that will be useful for teaching. I've been keeping an eye out for those for quite awhile so I'm pretty excited about my spider-man and snail. We got dinner and then caught a concert back in Denver, which  was pretty awesome. It was a fusion of many different styles and I was surprised to see one of our faculty members up there among the young people and electric guitars. On Sunday I sat feet from pianist Jean- Yves Thibaudet as he played an entire recital comprised of Liszt. Who does that? It was wonderful. He never let a missed note or moment of imperfection affect the overall picture. It was stunning. After playing his three encores he signed my Bach, which has now been opened up to  other types of  instrumentalists that  I admire. It's back to the hardcore training again...

  I was looking for a picture today and found some other old tree climbing pics. Apparently I like trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment